Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Easy Breezy Country GURL Chicken!

I live in the country. 

I'm a girl.

This Country Gurl Chicken is a no brainer. 


The recipe is easy and breezy just like living out in the country.


Every once and a while I miss living just outside of Chicago. 


Here are the things I miss the most:


1. My sister


2. My friends


3. Walking to the grocery store.  

If I want to walk to the store here I have to pack for a two week treck there and back. Yeah, not happening.


That's another great thing about this Country Gurl Chicken recipe. Everything you need you most likely already have in your refriderator or cupboard. 

No journey to the store necessary.


When I moved here (to the middle of Flathead Valley Montana almost 2 years ago) everyone said, "Really? She's coming here from Chicago? How will she entertain herself? It's really quiet here?"
I think most figured I wouldn't last and I'd end up back in Chicago.


Well, you know what happened?
I fell in love.

No not like you are thinking, I fell in love with the mountains first. They had me at purple mountain majesty. 

Then I fell in love with the quiet easy breezy way of living out here.

I switched my stilleto's for flip flops and boots. 

Okay, They still have a little heel. A gurl's gotta be a gurl.. you know?

And I swapped my million ingredient meals for simple, delicious, and nutritious ones like this Country Gurl Chicken.
This chicken is amazing. It shreds like pulled chicken, but has that sweet bright taste of summertime fresh tomatoes!


Enjoy this Easy Breezy Country Gurl Chicken!


On with the recipe!

Country GURL Chicken

1/2 Large Red Onion
2 cups White Mushrooms
8 Cloves Garlic
3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 (26 ounce) Jars Hunts Garlic and Herb Tomato Sauce
1 tbsp. Italian Seasonings
1. Dice the onion, mushroom, and mince the garlic. 
2. Then slice your chicken breasts in half to create 4 ounce pieces.
3. Add the vegetables and chicken to a 10 quart crock pot set to high. 
4. Then add the tomato sauce and Italian Seasonings and stir to combine. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or turn down to low and cook for 7-8 hours. Low and slow is the key to success with this recipe! 

5. Then grab a big bowl and a fork and dig in!


Servings: 6


Nutritional Skinny:


208 calories / 4.6 g fat / 19 g carbohydrates / 10 g fiber / 26 g protein


Mental Health Benefit: Okay so not only is this delicious but also packed with a ton of healthy fiber (10 grams!) and tons of get up and go protein (26 grams!) Not only will you have a chance to recharge relaxing while your meal is cooking in the crock pot, but you also can feel good about the low fat and calories paired with the fiber you are going to nourish your body and soul with. Plus the lycopene that are loaded in the tomatoes help us trap free radicals with it's high anti-oxidant powers. This has been shown to help us ward against cancers, heart disease, and helps us lower our cholesterol. 

So, get to eatin!


No comments: