Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Happy Holidays and Chocolate Cookies!

Well ladies and gentleman... It is that time again.

Santa came to town and in addition to some Single Malt Scotch.. I made him Santa some protein packed chocolate cookies.

I wanted Santa to make it through the night without a sugar crash. I really wanted to make sure that he got to all of your houses. And hopefully he did and made all of your Christmas wishes come true!

My list for Santa was really long this year.

I asked for...

World peace (I'm sure him and his 'people' are working on this already),

Soldiers safe and home with their loved ones,


Joy in the hearts of everyone on Earth (and beyond),


Those missing their loved ones who are no longer with us to feel comforted with sweet memories,


And finally I want to stop cutting my fingers when I'm cooking (It's sort of a holiday tradition and this year I didn't escape it.)


Santa loved the cookies, but I think he liked the Scotch even more. Go Figure.

And because of the protein in these cookies, I hope he made it to your houses to fulfill your wish list.


Yes, I know... I am pretty generous. I am really just making these cookies for you...

You're welcome. 


And with 10 grams of protein in each cookie.. I know this is what got Santa through the night!
In addition to these, I also made my old stand byes again too. The still delicious Chocolate Chip and peanut butter Chocolate chip cookies.  You can never have too many cookies around!


Enjoy the after glow from your holiday! I hope all your dreams came true!


Chocolate Protein Packed Cookies
1/2 cup butter (smart balance)
4 ounces low fat cream cheese
1 1/2 cup baking splenda
1 tsp. vanilla  
2 eggs
1/2 cup almond meal
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup whey protein powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
2/3 cup chocolate chips


1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. In a large bowl combine the butter, cream cheese, vanilla, and splenda. Cream together until smooth. Add the eggs and beat until fluffy and combined.
3. In a separate bowl combine the almond meal, whole wheat flour, protein powder, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Add the dry mixture to the egg and butter mixture and stir to combine. The batter will be sticky. Add the chocolate chips.
4. Grab your favorite baking sheet and scoop dollops of batter onto the sheet giving each cookie enough room to spread out. I love to use a small spoon that I spray with cooking spray to make it really easy. 


5. Bake for 7-9 minutes. When the top just starts turning brown that's when you know it's done. Allow them to cool for at least 20 minutes and enjoy!

Servings: 24 cookies


Nutritional Skinny (per cookie):

140 calories / 7.6 g fat / 9.6 g carbohydrates / 1.5 g fiber / 10 g protein 


Mental Health Benefit: These cookies may have a little more fat that I had hoped, but they have barely any carbohydrates and are packed with protein to get you through your holiday hang over. That feeling when we look behind you and notice that Christmas is gone, but we still have New Years! Don't miss a moment worrying about little details. Enjoy the winter wonderland and the ride of the holiday season!



2 comments:

Hazzard In The Kitchen said...

Dear Hot Mess Cooking~ LOVE your blog, love that you are in MT! Soul, art, heart inspiring country.
But baby girl did you REAlly HAVE TO USE "SMART BALANCE" {grin...} WITH SUCCULENTLY DELICIOUS CRAB WHICH DESERVES ONLY AND ALWAYS THE TRUE - BUTTER BUTTER BUTTER! KEEP ON COOKIN.. LOVE IT~

Hot Mess Cooking said...

Cathy! Thanks for stopping by. Yes, we use smart balance for this recipe, but trust me when we are eating crab legs, you better believe there is some deep pools of real butter and garlic to dip it into!

Happy New Year!