Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Soy Ginger Grilled Chicken

I'm not perfect. Some of my recipe 'hot messing' flops. Yep. Curplunk. 

However, a few days ago I had some chicken breasts and Paul Newman's fabulous Low Fat Sesame Ginger salad dressing. 

We had somewhere to be and I wanted a quick dinner. And this juicy Soy Ginger Grilled Chicken was just the ticket. Literally it took me about 5 minutes of prep time and about 20 minutes in front of a hot grill and dinner was on the table. The chicken was tender and juicy with just enough of the ginger soy flavor to make it snap! 

I served it along side the Spicy Grilled Chicken with a Parmesan Crust because, hey - I was at the grill anyway! Why not!
It's not brain-surgery - this recipe isn't - but it was so easy and so delicious that I just had to share it. 

Plus! Make a few extra because the next night I got inventive and made Chicken Thia Peanut Wraps! Oh My Goodness these were so delicious using this grilled chicken that I couldn't stop moaning...

I think my honey thought something was wrong with me!

Anyway! Happy grilling! On with the recipe!


Soy Ginger Grilled Chicken
5 Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/4 Cup Paul Newman's Light Ginger Soy Dressing (and extra for basting)
1 tsp. Ginger (dried)
1 tsp. Black Cracked Pepper
1 tbsp. Toasted Sesame Seeds (for garnish)
1. Combine the soy ginger dressing, dried ginger, and cracked pepper in a large bowl or plastic bag. Either whisk together or seal the plastic bag and moosh the marinade around. Add the chicken to the marinade and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but this can be done overnight or even two days in advance.
2. When ready heat the grill to medium high (350 degrees if using gas) and place the chicken on the hot grill and cook each side for 8-10 minutes depending on how thick your chicken breasts are. Baste generously with extra ginger soy dressing as you cook each side.

3.  Remove from the grill and sprinkle the chicken breasts with the toasted sesame seeds. Serve with the soy ginger dressing on the side for dipping. This is great with the grilled corn and a salad for a nice meal!
Servings: 5 (per 4 ounce chicken breast)


Nutritional Skinny:

135 calories / 2.5 g fat / 3 g carbohydrates / 0 g fiber / 23 g protein


Mental Health Benefit: This recipe speaks for it's self. It's simple, semi-homemade, and uses simple flavors. It is low if fat and calories and really high in protein due to the lean chicken meat. And it comes together in minutes. Plus if you have leftovers you get the added bonus of eating it tomorrow in a sandwich or possibly a Thai Chicken Peanut Wrap! I'm may not be perfect, but that sounds pretty delicious to me!



No comments: